Call us on
Improve your sales with quality product photos
With our quality photos -> perception of top quality products -> more sales -> better margin -> brand improvement
We care to know what is important about your product. We care about perfectly light and find the best angle. We care to manually retouch all photos.
We care that you are 100% happy.
We normally photograph and retouch your product in just a few days. Call us to know more.
We take care of all details. Your photos are perfectly retouched, with accurate colours, and in any format you need. Just perfect textures, highlights, reflections and transparencies..
Watch our videos
Product photography service videos
Reviews from clients
- White AF Teeth Very professional, great photo’s! Went above and beyond to help achieve the desired result for my website and product pages! Would absolutely recommend! … More Jose was happy to change a few things in regards to removing backgrounds after too, No hassle!★★★★★ a year ago
- Sonia Napolitano I would highly recommend Jose for product photography services. I found him to be very professional and his attention to detail is amazing. I have used … More his photography in all my advertising and webpage and am extremely happy.★★★★★ a year ago
- Zoozoo Printing Jose at Zoom Studio produced photos of our products and were extremely happy the results. He is efficient, quick to communicate and passionate about photography, … More which shows in the quality of his work. Will definitely use his services again! Happy to recommend Jose to others for lifestyle product photography. Thank you again!★★★★★ a year ago
- Scott Halsall Jose @ Zoom Studios is simply amazing. We needed some last minute photography for a media release and to refresh some images on our kickstarter project … More before launch. Time was critical and quality had to be high. Jose made time for the shoot and the turnaround time including editing was fantastic right on the edge of Easter Holidays. We have successfully launched now and our publicist was very impressed with the quality of our portraits and product images. Jose is not only highly experienced and professional, he is also a great character and enjoyable to work with. Nicole @ notnodi.com★★★★★ a year ago
- Shaan Bedi I engaged Jose for product photographs for my Amazon business. The quality of his photos was excellent, and he took the time to provide advice on how to … More make the product pop and what props would create the best visual experience. Would definitely recommend Zoom Studio for product photography★★★★★ 10 months ago
- chris “GODS4theOG TTV” I used Jose for a product that i designed myself, I had been worried about sharing the product before its actual release But as soon as I made contact … More with Jose I could tell that his professionalism was exactly what i was after. He kept my concept and idea private. Regarding the actual photos of the product Jose's quality was second to none, the photos were absolutely perfect and the extra touch ups he did on them just made them shine.I would definitely use Jose for future projects and I could not speak any more highly of him.★★★★★ 10 months ago
- Maison & Beyond Jose did an amazing job in not only taking photos of my product but detail and experience showed in the way he was able to highlight features of my product … More in eye catching way and engaging. Very professional and so easy to communicate and work with. Highly recommend!★★★★★ 11 months ago
- Nkechi Umemezia Jose was a delight to work with for my product. Very professional, efficient and knowledgable about his work. His prices are quite affordable and the quality … More of his work is top notch. I would use him again in a heartbeat.★★★★★ 2 years ago
- Brett Hadaway Jose took shots for a product we are launch on Amazon,we were very happy with the result,you can really tell Jose has a passion for photography and is … More very particular with every detail, really enjoyed his hospitality and humour. Would definitely work with Jose again and recommend to friends.★★★★★ 2 years ago
Tell us about your requirements
More about product photography
Learn what is important to each style, available options and business considerations.
What is product photography?
Product photography is a broad term used by professional photographers that describes all photos that have the main subject a product or a group of products.
It shows the product or objects in the best way possible with little distractions. It is vastly used in catalogues, websites and product packages.
Even when only part of a product is seen on a photo as a close-up or macro view, it can be still be classified as product photography, as long as it has the clear objective to show well the product.
What are the types of product photography?
Many commercial professional photographers divide this segment based on characteristics of the products such as small, medium and large products or on the type of product such as white goods, brown goods, industrial products, furniture, etc.
There are also two types of product photography based on the style of the photography instead of the product characteristics. These are the e-commerce and lifestyle or in-situ styles.
What is white background or e-commerce style of product photography?
The most common sub-category is e-commerce product photography where the product is photographed in a studio or on location, normally using a soft diffused light on a white background.
This type of product photography is so popular because it is a very effective way to show the product without distractions. The lack of strong shadows and an overall brightness look brings to the viewer confidence that there is nothing hidden and they can buy the product with confidence.
Most products sell more when photographed from multiple angles including detailed close-ups.
This style is very popular on eBay, Amazon and on all different types of e-commerce websites with or without a shopping cart facility.
What is "Lifestyle or In-situ" style of product photography?
The subcategory of "in-situ" or lifestyle photography is an advertising photo where the product is shot together with another element that contributes to the products' quality, usability or status.
We can use external elements to show usability or how the product fits into a function. For example, photographing a product in the hand of someone gives the idea of portability and how it fits into a hand.
Other products can benefit from images showing their use, how they connect, how well they work or fit together with other objects or people.
Another good reason to use auxiliary objects, places or backgrounds is to increase the perception of the value or status of the item. It is also used to emphasize connections with demographics such as age, sex and social-economic status.
Talk to us about your ideas and product photography needs.
Which type of products do we photograph?
We happily take on board most products, including anything from jewellery, to furniture to machinery, electronics, white goods, industrial goods and hardware.
Popular photo-shoots include:
. Cosmetics and health products/li>
. Cooking, refrigerators, ovens, microwaves, washers and dryers
. Fashion and clothing, we have models or we will happily work with your team. Check out our model and fashion page.
. Shoes and fashion accessories
. Tools, Machinery & Hardware items
. Musical Instruments
. Electronic boards
. Paintings, sculptures and other types of art
. Products of complex shapes and difficult-to-capture coloured goods
. Commercial and industrial products
. Homeware and cookware
. Decorative items
Can we photograph in your factory, office or showroom?
If your product is too big, heavy or just simply not convenient to be transported to our studio in Wantirna South 35KM from Melbourne CBD, we are more than happy to come to you.
We bring our portable studio with lights, flashes, backgrounds, light modifiers and any other equipment you might need to produce the images you require.
How much does our product photography cost?
The price varies based on the product size, complexity and style.
Prices start at $70.00 (+GST) for a small simple product photo on a white background.
For group photos, the price starts at $90 (+GST). Lifestyle or in-situ (in use) product photos cost around $120 (+GST).
These prices are indicative only. The final price depends on the number of products (significant volume discounts), size, complexity, style and retouching requirements.
Give us a call and we can talk about the features of your product, styles, target public, media and send you an obligation-free quote.
Why we are one of the best product photographers in Melbourne?
Jose is the main photographer in the studio and he is an accredited, full-time professional photographer and a master of photography but this is not the main reason.
The truth is that Jose takes care of all details, is a great person to work with and a person that tries to always provide a WOW service and super WOW results.
There are many other larger product photography studios in Melbourne that do a good job but very few you receive the attention you and your product deserves, the quality of the results, image resolution, manual retouching and overall composition and quality.
Why do you need our professional photos?
My main advice is to invest in quality images, quality graphic design and quality websites
Quality images make the client appreciate the quality of your product and increase the perception of the quality of your business. If you want to be considered as a professional in your field, you should only show professionally perfect products and services.
It is very expensive to attract the client to your site and you want to give them all reasons to contact you and purchase your products and no reason to leave without buying.
The investment in quality photos is normally paid in only a few days or weeks of improved sales and those great photos will work for you for years.
Do you have many and big products?
When the client has a large number of products or they are difficult or too expensive to transport due to their size, we can photograph them in their warehouse.
Zoom Studio has all the necessary equipment to photograph most products in locations such as warehouses and showrooms. We need to know well the characteristics of the products and plan well the shooting sequence to get the best and most efficient.
There are many things we can do in the studio or on locations when we have a large number of products to photograph in order to reduce the time and cost of the project.
Read this article where we photographed hundreds of products during 2 days in a client's warehouse.
Are you building your first site or business?
When you are starting your business and your website, there are a lot of new things to learn, new concepts such as SEO, Google business, website hosting, page speed, keyword research, etc.
I have done it and can share with you some of my learnings. The success of our clients is super important. We want them to sell a lot of their products and introduce new products and have lots of marketing events and materials. Their success means multiple new jobs for us, happy clients, successful business.
Can you help me in selecting the best set of images?
Easy! just send call us.
We need to know about your product and features as well as your ideas, target customer, media, etc.
We can help you in creating a compelling efficient set of images that will help you sell more and at a better price.
Why we are one of the best places for product photography in Melbourne?
It is a combination of fast service, top quality, fair price and low risk. There are many good studios for product photography in Melbourne but Zoom Studio is the house of the Master of Photography Jose Aguiar. He is a very experienced product advertising photographer who delivers exceptional service.
Give him a call on 0417509955.
Do we do advertising photos?
Almost a totality of our product photography is advertising photography.
Our product photos are so high-quality that can be part of most advertising campaigns and used in most media.
Here in the studio, we produce advertising photos of products for e-commerce sites, point-of-sale advertising, Amazon, e-bay, catalogues and signage.
We listen to our client's needs and produce images that help them in selling more and at a better price. True advertising effective photography.
I need some very creative photos. Can you help me?
We love to produce creative advertising photos with the use of lifestyle elements, locations, backgrounds and models.
Send us a brief with your ideas, objectives and we will send to you a proposal or just call Jose on 0417509955.
If you do not have any great creative ideas yet, no worries.
Let us participate in the creative part of the project.
We will talk to you to know about your product, principles, business objectives, marketing activities.
We will find effective and interesting ways of telling your messages via images.
Is product photography the same as advertising photography?
The name advertising means selling, so an advertising photo has to have the objective of selling something to someone but it is not necessarily a product.
There are cases where we photograph items (even products) and places to advertise a service, a brand or even an idea or principle.
So, all e-commerce product photos are advertising photos but not all advertising photos are of products.
We consider ourselves as advertising photographers as most of our commercial clients are after great images to help in selling their products or services.
Does your product have complex edges?
There are many times when we want the product with a white or transparent background. Normally to remove any distraction from the product itself and to place the product on catalogues, leaflets or over a background.
The removal of the background requires the manual selection of the edges of the product and "mask" them out.
This is a manual task that requires more time during the retouching phase but produces incredible results.
Have a look at this article and see the result.
Is your product partially transparent such as glasses, vases and similar products?
Photographing well transparent objects is not an easy task but when done well it really shines.
We have done it several times and with a lot of different products and shapes.
There are many ways to present this type of product and I would like to suggest you see these pages:
Our Amazing Work
Links of previous jobs